- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Other Resources
- My Account
Look for Jobs
A job can reward us with compensation, respect, and feelings of accomplishment and contribution. These tools may help provide guidance through the job search process.
- Skill Explorer lets job seekers search for openings based on acquired skills instead job titles. Skill Explorer uses cutting-edge technology to search skill sets and produces occupational categories spanning many different industries.
- Job Banks include web locations that feature current job openings. Both statewide and nationwide job banks are included.
- Job Center of Wisconsin Publications
cover these topic areas:
- Job Readiness
- Job Search
- Resumes and Applications
- Workforce Events, hosted by Wisconsin Job Center locations, bring in employers who connect job seekers to current openings.
- Resumes and job applications, when done effectively, can change a job candidate into a new hire.
- Volunteering. Remain active, keep your skill-set sharp, and make contacts in your community.
- Employment Scams. Protect yourself.
- Background Checks. Know your rights and what to expect.
- Job Search Tips provides advice on different pathways to explore, and links to more publications and resources.
- Layoff Assistance highlights available services to those who were laid off from a job.
- Youth Employment connects you to information about working if you are
under 18 years of age.
See also: Youth Apprenticeship.
- Older Worker employment programs are available to help persons over 55 years old who meet income guidelines.
- Veteran's Employment assistance is available for specific categories of persons who have served in the military.
- Disability Toolbox. Services are available to assist a consumer in preparing for, securing, retaining or regaining employment that is consistent with one's strengths, resources, capabilities, interests and informed choice.
- Ex-Offender. Resources and links to assist ex-offenders for reentry into their communities.
- Business Finder. A feature of America's Career InfoNet. Find contact information about a specific employer or list of employers. Searches may be performed by occupation, location, or keyword.
- Resume Guide. A feature of America's Career InfoNet.
- Milicruit enables veterans to visit employer booths, view/apply for jobs, chat with recruiters during career fairs, and email them directly off hours or in between event days.