- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Other Resources
- My Account
Training and Education
There is a connection between training and your earnings, over a period of time. It's a fact: the more you learn the more you may earn!
Wisconsin's Eligible Training Programs List
Wisconsin’s Eligible Training Programs List (ETPL) is your source for learning about a broad range of training options that can help lead you to a new or more rewarding career.
Interested in Training?
With a few exceptions, WIOA participants interested in training funds must select a training program from this list. TAA participants may also use this list when selecting training. WIOA and TAA participants must get approval from their career planner to receive training funds.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
Trade Adjustment Assistance
Interested in training? See training program descriptions, costs, minimum requirements, completion rates, employment outcomes, and more.
Interested in adding your program(s) to the ETPL?
Training institutions must apply to have their program(s) on the ETPL. Institutions and their programs must meet eligibility, program information and performance submission requirements before they are listed on the ETPL. Once listed, training institutions manage their own program(s) online.
Want your program(s) on the ETPL? Apply to be on ETPL, add and remove programs, and update your program information.
- Training Programs, information appropriate for your intended career, including Apprenticeship, Youth Apprenticeship, classroom and on-the-job training.
- Wisconsin Colleges and Universities present higher educational resources with a worldwide reputation for quality.
- Financial Aid takes many forms, including loans, grants and scholarships.
- Customized Training programs from the Wisconsin Technical College System help job seekers meet the changing needs of business and industry.
- Wisconsin Apprenticeship is a structured system of training designed to prepare individuals for skilled occupations.
- Youth Apprenticeship is designed for high school students who want hands on learning in an occupational area at a worksite along with classroom instruction.
- Job Corps is a no-cost education and vocational training
program that helps young people ages 16 through 24 improve the quality of their lives through vocational
and academic training.
Two Wisconsin Locations:
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program helps workers who lose their jobs due to foreign competition, including work being moved outside of the United States.
- Wisconsin GED/HSED Program. Open the doors to your future! If you have not completed high school, earn your a General Educational Development (GED) or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
- Workbased Learning. Students can benefit from participation in educational programs which provide a work-based experience and a more deliberate selection of course work based on potential career interests
- Wisconsin Challenge Academy, part of the National Guard National Guard Youth Challenge Program, intervenes in and reclaims the lives of 16-18 year old high school dropouts, instilling values, life skills, education, and self-discipline to succeed as productive citizens.
- Career Cruising is a comprehensive web-based career exploration program that includes skill matching and assessment tools. Career Cruising includes self-assessments that give the user a variety of tools to better assist them in finding potential careers or education paths. How to get logon credentials.
- StudentAid.gov is a gateway to Federal government programs, financial aid, and student loans.
- TapDance Live! is an Internet-based program that assess your skill levels in typing, math, grammar, spelling, data entry, numeric keypad use, word processing, and spreadsheet creation. How to get started with TapDance Live!
- Do you need more confidence in your interview skills? Job Center of Wisconsin offers InterviewPrep free to our customers. This easy-to-use web-based platform allows users to practice interviews at home and get feedback from Job Center staff. How to get logon credentials.