- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Other Resources
- My Account
Resources concerning employment background checks, and using them properly.
- From the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse:
- Running background checks article from NOLO.com.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Using Consumer Reports: What Employers Need to Know, article from the FTC.
- Verifying employment eligibility from the he US Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Wisconsin Fair Employment Law, Wisconsin Dept. of Workforce Development.
- Arrest and conviction records
from the Wisconsin Dept. of Workforce Development. The hiring process, including use of background checks,
should avoid illegal discrimination.
- From the Wisconsin Department of Justice:
- Background checks including information on what is available and legal in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Criminal History Record Check System. Fee applies. Background checks for caregivers, child care providers, banking employees and the federal Volunteers for Children Act.
- Wisconsin Court System Circuit Court Access. Public records of the circuit courts.
- Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS), from the Social Security Administration.