- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Online Workshops
- Other Resources
- My Account
On the Job Training
On the Job Training (OJT) provides reimbursements to employers to help compensate for the costs associated with training and loss of production for newly hired employees.
OJT training can assist employers who are looking to expand their businesses and who need additional staff trained with specialized skills.
How does it work?
- Qualified candidates are matched with job openings.
- A training plan is designed to meet unique business needs.
- A contract is completed with your company.
Are there any restrictions?
- OJT-funded employees cannot replace laid off employees.
- OJT trainees must be hired as regular employees.
- The rate of pay and benefits must be commensurate with the pay others receive for performing similar work.
- A previous employee can be re-hired but it must be for a different position for which they would need training, and the candidate must meet the requirements.
On the Job Training helps your company find eligible candidates for open positions, and receive reimbursement for a portion of the costs associated with training new employees for the agreed-upon training period.
If you are interested in learning more about On-the-Job Training, please contact your local workforce development board.