- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Online Workshops
- Other Resources
- My Account
The resources and links offered are to assist ex-offenders to reentry into their community. Additional resources will appear as they become available. Please review carefully, and contact the key staff as listed to ensure a quick reply.
- Criminal Records and Getting Back into the Workforce
This resource discusses the ex-offenders criminal record and what to expect when dealing with employers.
- Criminal Background Tips
Tips for the application and the interview process for ex-offenders.
- Fidelity Bonding
The fidelity bonding program provides employers with a safety net for hiring ex-offenders. For more information click on the link and contact your local bonding coordinator.
- DOL Ex-Offender Handbook
A federal guide to resources available from the Job Center system.
- Tax Credit Information
A tax incentive available for employers hiring ex-offenders.
- Arrest and Conviction Records Under the Law
FAQs, from the Equal Rights Division of the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
- Xamire Wisconsin has resources to help felons find jobs, housing and federal programs.
- Fair Shake is a re-entry resource center that encourages all stakeholders to participate in the reintegration of formerly incarcerated people back into society.
- Ready4Work is a report from the US Dept. of Labor on a pilot program designed to help returning offenders by linking them to community institutions like Holy Cathedral/Word of Hope Ministries of Milwaukee.
Try it. These interactive sessions don't take much time ... and you may learn something! Please check back. New sessions will be added periodically.
Reentry MythBusters are a product of the Federal Interagency Reentry Council. These fact sheets are designed to clarify existing federal policies that affect formerly incarcerated individuals and their families in the topic areas shown below. In several policy areas, states and localities have discretion in determining how policies are applied.
- Public Housing
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
- Federal Bonding Program
- Hiring/Criminal Records Guidance
- Federal Hiring Policies
- Criminal Histories and Employment Background Checks
- Veterans Benefits
- Veterans Health Care
- Parental Rights
- Child Support
- Social Security Benefits
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Benefits
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefits
- SNAP Benefits and State-issued ID card
- SNAP Benefits and Mailing Address
- Federal Student Financial Aid
- Federal Taxes
- Voting Rights
- Medicaid Suspension vs. Termination