Information On This Page:
Job Seeker Navigation:
Look for Jobs
A job can reward us with compensation, respect, and feelings of
accomplishment and contribution. These tools may help provide guidance
through the job search
- Job Banks include web locations that feature current job openings.
Both statewide and nationwide job banks are included.
- Job Center of Wisconsin Publications
cover these topic areas:
- Job Readiness
- Job Search
- Resumes and Applications
- Job Fairs occur throughout the year and provide an effective means to meet
multiple employers on a single day. Spring and fall are the busiest job fair seasons.
- On-site Recruitment events, hosted by Wisconsin Job Center locations, bring in
employers who connect job seekers to current openings.
- Résumés and job applications, when done effectively, can change a
job candidate into a new hire.
- Volunteering. Remain active,
keep your skill-set sharp, and make contacts in your community.
- Employment Scams. Protect yourself.
- Background Checks. Know your rights and what to expect.
- Job Search Tips provides advice on different pathways to explore, and links
to more publications and resources.
- Layoff Assistance highlights available services to those who were laid off from a job.
Considerations for specific groups of job seekers
- Youth Employment connects you to information about working if you are
under 18 years of age.
See also: Youth Apprenticeship.
- Older Worker employment programs are
available to help persons over 55 years old who meet income guidelines.
- Veteran's Employment assistance is
available for specific categories of persons who have served in the military.
- Disability Toolbox. Services are available to assist a consumer in preparing for, securing, retaining or regaining employment
that is consistent with one's strengths, resources, capabilities, interests and informed choice.
- Ex-Offender. Resources and links to assist ex-offenders for reentry into their communities.
- Employer Locator.
A feature of America's Career InfoNet. Find contact information about a specific employer or
list of employers. Searches may be performed by occupation, location, or keyword.
- Résumé Tutorial.
A feature of America's Career InfoNet.
- Milicruit enables veterans to visit
employer booths, view/apply for jobs, chat with recruiters during career fairs, and email them directly
off hours or in between event days.