- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Online Workshops
- Other Resources
- My Account
Greetings. Many customers have found this website because they have been directed to do so as part of their Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim. This website is also useful for customers who have been unemployed for a long period of time, are looking to change careers, or want to know what information is available regarding employment in Wisconsin.
Either way, this website will walk you through the process to conduct an initial career planning assessment.
Use WisConomy to review your career goals. You may wish to print a copy of your goals.
- What it is: WisConomy is Wisconsin's workforce and labor market information system.
- Features: This site includes employment statistics, local economic data, wage information, and trends in employment growth.
- Link: http://WisConomy.com/
Use America's Career Information Network (ACINet) to conduct an occupational assessment.
- What it is: ACINet is a source for employment information and inspiration. It is a place to manage your career, and your pathway to career success. This site has tools to help job seekers, students, businesses and career professionals, and it is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Features: User-friendly occupation and industry information, salary data, career videos, education resources, self-assessment tools, career exploration assistance, and other resources that support talent development in today's fast-paced global marketplace.
- Link: http://www.acinet.org/
Use My Skills My Future to conduct a skills assessment.
- What it is: My Skills My Future was created by the US Department of Labor. It applies a user's previous job title, calculates the transferrable skills the user may possess and provides a list of similar occupations and skills that the user could transfer into a new career path.
- Features: Options include entering geographic locations to receive specific wage and labor market information, links to job titles to learn more about careers in that field, educational requirements, and job opportunities, and assessments of transferrable skills and soft skills that can be carried from one workplace to the next.
- Link: http://myskillsmyfuture.org/
Check out other resources that may be valuable. Each one of the tools below offers a career- or assessment-related service that will help jobseekers plan for their next job, career, or educational pursuit.
- Veterans ReEmployment is a one-stop website for employment, training, and financial help after
military service. The website includes the Military-to-Civilian Job Search tool where veterans and service members
can search for jobs based on the skills and experiences they gained in the military. The site also includes tips
for job searching and links to national, state, and local resources specifically for veteran job seekers.
- Key to Career Success provides career information and links to work-related services that help
veterans and military service members successfully transition to civilian careers.
- My Next Move is an interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their
career options. This system has tasks, skills, salary information, and more for over 900 different careers. Users
can find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through
the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on a person's interests and
level of work experience.
- Career Cruising comprehensive career and education exploration website that allows users to
access information on career clusters, education resources, and their own personal aptitudes. Career exploration
including military careers and jobs, educational exploration including financial aid information, and job seeking
and employment information. Career Cruising offers assessments, including the Online Ability Profiler, in the areas
of career interest, learning styles, and skills interest. System access can be obtained at local Job Centers. Users
then create their own student profile within the system.