- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Online Workshops
- Other Resources
Wisconsin Job Centers provide equitable and unrestricted job information to all customers. This includes referral activities that are not based on stereotypes of what is considered traditional women's and men’s work.
There are occupations that are considered Non-Traditional Occupations (NTO) for women and men, defined by the US Department of Labor as occupations in which 25% or fewer workers are either women or men.
- NTO Resource Guide
This guide contains "hands-on" tools to guide women who are exploring NTO. It includes an NTO quiz, IQ quiz, career ladders, and information specific to W-2 clients.
- Non-Traditional Jobs in Wisconsin (Excel)
A table of data from the 2000 Census is presented here for review, containing columns of information sortable by county, Standard Occupational Code, and occupation titles.
Transportation Alliances for New Solutions (TrANS)
TrANS Grads are trained to provide general labor services for Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation (WisDOT) projects. Firms employing this special type of apprentice are entitled to a reimbursement for every hour the employee works.
Wisconsin Technical College System NTO Links
- Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Fox Valley Technical College
- Gateway Technical College
- Lakeshore Technical College
- Mid-State Technical College
- Madison College Women in Trades and Technology
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Moraine Park Technical College
- Nicolet Technical College Student Counseling Services
- Northcentral Technical College
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College Student Services Nontraditional Occupations Project
- Waukesha County Technical College
- Western Technical College
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
- US Department of Labor Women’s Bureau
- Bureau of Labor Statistics data on women workers
- Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science (IWITTS)
- Women Venture
- Hard Hatted Women
- Wider Opportunities for Women
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Women Work
- Work 4 Women
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing
- Men in American Nursing History